Thursday 9 August 2012

Joel's List...

We now have Joel Betancourt (@JoelBetancourt7), author, with his list.  Enjoy!

This is my list but they’re not in any order. I think I like them equally.

Collateral (2005, Michael Mann), for the Jungian Archetypical character exchange and the action.

Heat (1995, Michael Mann) with Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer, Portman. The cast alone rocks. Not to mention the great way they mixed action and drama together.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. (2005, Shane Black) .This is probably one of the best written movies I’ve ever seen. It always makes me laugh.

The Ring (1998, Hideo Nakata). I think this redefined what a horror film is for me.

The Silence of the Lambs (1991, Jonathan Demme). “It puts the lotion on its skin…” Enough said on that one.

Carlito’s Way (1993, Brian De Palma). Al Pacino rocks in this movie. I’d also say this is probably Brain De Palma’s best work.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994, Frank Darabont). I’ve never felt as motivated and uplifted by a film before.

El Mariachi (1992, Robert Rodriguez). Robert Rodriguez is an inspiration to any broke, struggling, minority filmmaker because of this movie.  He’s the original DIY director.

Gladiator (2000, Ridley Scott). If you have testosterone in your body, you have to love this film.

Tigerland (2000, Joel Schumacher). This is probably one of the lesser know war movies about Vietnam but I really like the Christ figure element found in this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment