Wednesday 8 August 2012

Kayleigh's List...

We now have Kayleigh's (@Miss_Kay_1987) list.  Enjoy:

1 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004, Michel Gondry):
This film will always have a soft place in my heart. I saw this in the cinema when it just came out and I loved it beyond words. Everything about it was charming and tragic, and the concept of being trapped in your own mind chasing memories was so touching. It was also this film that made me realise that I fancy the pants off of Jim Carrey!

2 - Dancer in the Dark (2000, Lars von Trier):
When I was told Bjork was in a musical that Lars Von Trier made, I thought that it wouldn't work.
This film DESTROYED me. Never has a film reduced me to such a snivveling, crying state 'til now. It's bloody brilliant! Bjork was fantastic in it, it was beautiful and the music was suberb!

3 - The Skin I Live In (2011, Pedro Almodovar):
Although this is quite a new film, it is one of my favourites for several reasons. I've never seen a movie with such a unique plot twist, the acting is amazing and it's a visual delight! :)

4 - The Exorcist (1973, William Friedkin):
I first watched this film properly back when Channel 4 aired it to celebrate its 30th anniversary, and I was hooked on it! Guarenteed that this film will always be entertaining to watch and also give the creeps! (That face in the dream sequence still makes my blood run cold! D:)

5 - 28 Days Later (2002, Danny Boyle):
Only a few things truley terrify me. Spiders, boa consctrictors, bigger spiders and zombies.
Although there are MANY zombie films to choose from these days, 28 Days Later always makes me sit on the edge of my seat more than most. Why you ask?
It seems more realistic! Instead of having your slow moving zombies grunting and moaning for brains, these guys are infected with a virus and just have pure animalistic rage and they intend on fucking you up. Yup. That gaes me the fear. And I love it! :D

6 - William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet (1996, Baz Lurhman):
This film amazed me when I first seen it - I was hypnotised by it! The acting, the dialogue, the music... everything about it just made me smile! (apart from the end though, it was a bit sad, y'know?) This film used to make me want to act in the theatre and it also made me go out and read Shakesphere. That and DiCaprio was a babe ;)

7 - The Land Before Time (1988, Don Bluth):
Dinosaurs. Need I say more?! This film was Bluth at his best! 
(This film still makes me all watery eyed to this date... Stupid homewrecking T-Rex...)

8 - Alien (1979, Ridley Scott):
This still terrifies me. It's a masterpiece.... A big scary masterpiece! 

9 - Meloncholia (2011, Lars von Trier):
Although this is another recent film, I can't help but give it a place in my top ten. It's absolutely beautiful!  Kirsten Dunst's acting totally blew me away as well. While visually stunning, it is also incredibly bleak, but the characters and their relationships are so interesting so you will always be mesmorised by it all. 

10 - The King & I (1956, Walter Lang):
This is purely for the nostalgia. As a child, my gran would record cartoons and films for us off the telly, so when we came to visit there would always be something to entertain us. This is one of those films that I watched over and over again whilst singing along to it (badly). I recently bought it on DVD, and when I re-watched it, I remembered the times I would watch it with my gran and I used to pretend to be Anna :) So this will be in my top ten purely for the happy memories it will always give me.


No comments:

Post a Comment